Friday, August 14, 2009

Slap On A Bib

I wrote about bow necklaces last month. Another big necklace trend for the summer of 2009 is the bib necklace. Like bow necklaces, bib necklaces have also been spotted on many celebrities such as Mischa Barton, Olivia Palermo, Molly Sims, and Eva Mendes. It may be called a bib necklace, but don't let the name fool you. This trend is definitely not meant for the infants. This very grown up accessory is a necklace with a thicker chain used support heavier and larger beads or pendants that rest below the collarbone. I will show you some pictures I found of this amazing necklace below.

Tugela Bib Necklace, $29.95, anthropologie.com

Beaded Cutout Bib Necklace, $24.00, ardenb.com

Interlock Mesh Bib Necklace, $28.00, ardenb.com

Ombre Crystal Bib Necklace, $24.00, ardenb.com

Short Honeycomb Bib Necklace, $11.99, shown in gold; also available in silver, ardenb.com

Jet Bib Necklace, $29.00, bebe.com

Beaded Chain Bib Necklace, $15.50, charlotterusse.com

Medallion Bib Necklace, $6.99, charlotterusse.com


Peacock Feather Bib Necklace, $7.99, charlotterusse.com

Rhinestone Bib Necklace, $8.50, charlotterusse.com


Beaded Bib Necklace, $11.80, forever21.com

Celebration Bib Necklace, $10.80, forever21.com

Faceted Bead Bib Necklace, $11.80, forever21.com


Metallic Tile Bib Necklace, $6.80, shown in gold; also available in silver, forever21.com


Textured Flower Bib Necklace, $16.80, shown in gold; also available in silver, forever21.com

Decree Bib Necklace, $20.00, jcpenney.com

Mixit Bib Necklace, $30.00, jcpenney.com

Mixit Hematite 4-Row Bib Necklace, $30.00, jcpenney.com


Mixit Hematite and Gold Bib Necklace, $30.00, jcpenney.com


Zigzag Drop Bib Necklace, $17.99, jcpenney.com

Apt. 9 Two-Tone Bib Necklace, $14.99, kohls.com

Simply Vera Vera Wang Silver-Tone Beaded Bib Necklace, $16.80, kohls.com

Designer Nec Short Turq Neck, $39.99, target.com


Long Bib Necklace, $14.99, target.com


Modern Multi-Strand Bib-Style Necklace, $29.99, target.com

Multistrande Illusion Genuine Peridot Necklace, $59.99, target.com


Wrap Link Bib Necklace, $19.99, target.com

Wrapped Chain-Link Bib Necklace, $29.99, target.com


Chain Bib Necklace, $4.99, wetseal.com


Beaded Bib Necklace, $4.99, wetseal.com


Triangle Bib N ecklace, $12.00, wetseal.com


For a barbeque, pair a bib necklace with a floppy hat, a sun dress, and some wedge espadrilles. For channeling Cleopatra, wear one of the gold bib necklaces with a gold bangle, gold hoop earrings, a jeweled headband, and some gladiator shoes. To get a vintage look, pair this necklace with a peasant dress, lace tights, a bow headband, a pearl bracelet, pumps, a straw hat, and a sequin handbag. I hope you enjoyed my bib necklace finds. If you know of any other statement jewelry pieces that you would like to see me write an article about, let me know. E-mail me at Charmed42787@gmail.com or contact me on myspace.

13 comments:

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

I love these necklaces! My favorite has to be the turquoise one from Target.

Definitely need to get some great necklaces for fall.

Tara said...

I'm glad you like the necklaces I posted. Bib necklaces will still be in style for the fall, so go for it!

Trendqueen said...

I love bib necklaces! I really love the one form ardenb its only $15.00 what a great deal.

Tara said...

Hi Trendqueen! Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! I'm glad you like the necklaces I posted.

Jessica said...

I'm not big on bib necklaces, but I love the black one from Bebe! Definitely changed my mind.

Tara said...

I'm glad you like the black bib necklace from Bebe. I like that one too. It's so classy yet still very fun. It also looks like it would be perfect to wear to any occasion and would go with everything.

B. said...

i love all the necklaces you've chosen! the feathered one is my favourite

Tara said...

Hi B! Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I'm glad you like the necklaces I picked. I agree, the feathered necklace is cute! :)

street angel said...

I love these.

Tara said...

Hi Style Bird! Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I'm glad you like the necklaces I posted.

Leens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leens said...

i love your collection of necklaces
:)

http://thehabitue.blogspot.com/

e

Unknown said...

Small bits of content which are explained in details, helps me understand the topic, thank you!

Designer jewelry