Saturday, January 2, 2010

Investment

On this date last year, I wrote about faux fur. Well, fake fur is here to stay for 2010 as well. So, I will be writing another post about synthetic fur this year. However, instead of blogging about all faux fur, I'm going to focus solely on faux fur vests this time. As you may have noticed, synthetic fur vests have taken over Hollywood. They've been spotted on nearly every stylish celebrity around. However, the most notable wearer of the fake fur vest is definitely celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe. In fact, she may be responsible for this whole trend taking over (she even has a line for QVC that consists of faux fur vests!). Well, however they caught on, I think faux fur vests are perfect for winter. And as an animal lover who is also strapped cash, I like the idea of wearing fake fur instead of the real thing. It's easier on the wallet and no feelings of guilt are involved. Take look at some of the faux fur vests I found below.

Faux Fur Vest, $62.90, available in sizes XS-L, alloy.com

Faux Fur Vest in Natural Chinchilla, $63.99. available in sizes Small, Medium, and Xlarge, babyphat.com

Fur Vest, $28.99, shown in charcoal; also available in black, sizes S-XL, charlotterusse.com

Fur Knit Vest, $36.99, available in sizes M and L, charlotterusse.com

Cheetah Parka Vest, $19.99, available in sizes Small-Large, forever21.com

Urban Faux Fur Vest, $24.80, available in sizes Medium and Large, forever21.com

Faux Fur Short Sleeve Vest, $21.80, available in sizes SM-LG, gojane.com

Decree Faux-Fur Vest, $14.99, available in sizes Small-X-Large, jcpenney.com

Pink Rose Faux Fur Vest, $9.99, available in sizes S-L, macys.com

Feisty Feline Vest, $49.99, available in sizes S-L, modcloth.com

Fur Front Vest, $29.99, shown in brown; also available in coffee, sizes S-L, mandee.com

Faux Fur Vest, $4.20, available in sizes L and XL, mandee.com

Vest w/ Faux Fur Trim, $14.99, available in sizes L and XL, mandee.com

Frenchi Crop Faux Fur Vest, $23.90, shown in linen; also available in black, sizes S-Small-Large, nordstrom.com

H2J Faux Fur Vest, $44.99, available in sizes Small-Extra large, sears.com

Piper & Blue Juniors Fur Lined Sweater Vest, $14.99, shown in black; also available in brown, sizes Small-Extra large, kmart.com

Faux Fur Rib Trim Vest, $19.50, available in sizes M and L, wetseal.com

I hope you liked the vests I found for this post. If you live someplace where it doesn't really get cold during the winter, you may even be able to get away with wearing one of these vests as outerwear. This isn't really feasible if it gets as cold where you live as it does here in NY though. The good news is that you'll still be able to wear a faux fur vest even in cold climates as long as you wear a heavy coat over it outdoors. If there are any other stylish winter trends that you would like to see me post about in this blog, let me know.

16 comments:

Rohini said...

I love fur vests! Did a post on them for Models & Moguls.
Love your choices. :)
Xx

Tara said...

I'm glad you like the vests I found. :)

(always)alanna said...

obsessed with fur. especially love the mandee one- who can resist?!
xx
and gorgeouss blogg; will definitely be back visiting soon!

Tara said...

Hi (always)alanna! Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I'm you like the faux fur vest from Mandee.

I look forward to seeing you around here!

glee said...

I love the Fur Front Vest most especially girl. really cute designs. Happy new year to you again, wish you all the best and happines.. ;) you know you're one of the few that i miss around in the blogosphere, really.

Tara said...

I'm glad you like the Fur Front Vest. I hope you had a great New Year as well.

Thank you so much! That is so sweet of you to say. I've missed you too. :)

street angel said...

Wow..the vests are beautiful!

Tara said...

I'm glad you like the vests I found. :)

I V Y said...

nice! i want the leopard print one!

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

Fabulous faux fur! I've been dying to get a faux fur vest!

Viva La Fashion said...

i think fauz fur vest can look so cute. :)

Tara said...

Lilee: I'm glad you like the vests I found. I would like the leopard print one too. I love animal prints. :)

Rachel: I'm glad you like the faux fur vests I found. I'm dying to get my hands on one too.

Viva La Fashion: I think faux fur vests are cute too. :)

Becky Tjandera said...

I love fur vests ! But I just don't know how to wear them here because it will be so hot ! Haha .

Tara said...

Yeah, they can be tricky to pull off if you live someplace where it never gets cold. Maybe you can try wearing a faux fur vest over a tank top or something? It may still be too hot though.

Elaine said...

I totally need a faux fur vest now!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Tara said...

Yeah, I've been seeking out the perfect faux fur vest myself.